Planning & Zoning Department
Walk-in hours for permit applications:
- Monday - Thursday
- NOTE: Afternoon hours are for appointments only.
Additional office hours may be arranged by appointment only.
8:30 am - 12:30 pm 1:30 - 3:00 pm*
Friday 8:30 am - 11:00 am 1:30 - 3:00 pm*
For more information, please contact the Planning & Zoning Department at (203) 854-7780.
Pending Zoning Commission Applications Pinnacle @ South Block
Frequently Requested Resources
- Application Fees and forms
- Building Zone Map
- Building Zone Regulations
- Municipal Code / City of Norwalk Codebook
- Zoning Permit Brochure
- FEMA Website - Flood Maps
- FEMA Flood Map Norwalk (PDF)
- FEMA Flood Zones Norwalk (Interactive)
- National Flood Insurance Program
- Flood Management Update
Please view our 2017 meeting schedule for times, dates, and locations of meetings for the Planning Commission, Zoning Commission, Zoning Board of Appeals and POCD Oversight Committee.
Plan of Conservation & Development
View the Plan of Conservation and Development for the City of Norwalk
adopted in June 2008.
Click here for link to Mid-Harbor Plan, Wall Street Area Planning Study and other planning documents
Status of Major Projects
View a list of developments recently approved or currently under construction
Link to City Hall directory: