Planning & Zoning Department
Walk-in hours for permit applications:
- Monday - Thursday
8:30 am - 12:30 pm
- Friday 8:30 am - 11:00 am
IMPORTANT: Afternoon hours are for appointments only.
Additional office hours may be arranged by appointment only.
NOTE: NEW Office hours: 8:30 am - 3:00 pm effective April 17, 2017
For more information, please contact the Planning & Zoning Department at (203) 854-7780.
Frequently Requested Resources
- Application Fees and forms
- Building Zone Map
- Building Zone Regulations
- Municipal Code / City of Norwalk Codebook
- Zoning Permit Brochure
- FEMA Website - Flood Maps
- FEMA Flood Map Norwalk (PDF)
- FEMA Flood Zones Norwalk (Interactive)
- National Flood Insurance Program
- Flood Management Update
Please view our 2017 meeting schedule for times, dates, and locations of meetings for the Planning Commission, Zoning Commission, and Zoning Board of Appeals.
Plan of Conservation & Development
View the Plan of Conservation and Development for the City of Norwalk
adopted in June 2008.
Click here for link to Mid-Harbor Plan, Wall Street Area Planning Study and other planning documents
Status of Major Projects
View a list of developments recently approved or currently under construction
Link to City Hall directory: